PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 24th Apr 2006, 20:33
Vage Rot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=nigegilb]
...... I believe that the balance of probability is that the crew of XV179 were more likely to have survived the attack if the aircraft had been fitted with foam. QUOTE]

maybe a valid point if it was small arms that brought her down - !! Doh!!

Nobody is arguing that we should have better kit - but you cant blame somebody for everything that happens. Perhaps the troops on the ground would like all over mortar and IED proof armour too? i bet they would.

If foam counters small arms, there is a cheaper method - fly higher - not like there's a radar threat to get under is it?! anything is vulnerable on take-off/landing/TLZ's

I would have more sympathy with your arguement if I thought FOAM would have changed the incident you argue about - it would not given the weapon involved and you all know it. We are all vulnerable to SA but this was not SA. It's a risk of the job - speak to the helo boys if you want to know more. Not nice but true.

And, before the tirade of abuse arrives - at least I'm keeping your thread at the top!

Last edited by Vage Rot; 24th Apr 2006 at 20:45.