PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew threaten to poison pilots
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2006, 19:59
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by woodpecker
These are the same CC trainers that teach the new entrant CC to remember the extinguisher locations in the flight deck of a 757 by.... "Water behind the W*nk*r and BCF behind the B*rst*rd".
Perhaps I'm of a different generation but I object to such practises, am I wrong?
No wonder when the new CC they get on line they have already been indoctrinated.
I've been told about this thread by a friend, and to be honest haven't managed to read all the posts. I didn't know whether to laugh (oh yes I laughed so much!) or to cry.

I wish I had met such trainers in BA who use these innovative teaching methods!! My trainers instead were professionals, and the training course so good and intense that when we finally got tested for evacuation procedures it felt real.

There are about 16000 cabin crew in BA, and even if what you guys have been saying is true, you cannot generalise on such numbers.
BA cabin crew are always bashed for things like money, rosters or perks etc. but we are a group of professionals, and we would NEVER endanger the aircraft and our own lives! If this is the idea you have of us then maybe it's YOUR CRM trainers that have to do some extra work!

I have just come back from a day trip. We weren't busy on the way out and I spent 15 mins in the F/D chatting to the Captain and a brand new F/O.
We had a laugh. Yesterday I was the galley slave (term regularly used by pilots in BA to identify the forward galley CC position, by the way, but none of us gets upset by it! ) and had a great day. I cannot speak for LHR but at LGW we have an excellent relationship with our Flight Crew. Of course there are exceptions, but the majority of CC and FC enjoy each other's company downroute and during the flight. We look after each other and despite our fleet is the one that works the most we end up having a very good time at work almost every day. It's not unusual for who works at the back of the plane to receive a call from the F/D asking how we are and vice versa.

To say that BA trainers are doing such a bad job like somebody else has mentioned in another post (and giving such details) is an accusation that if it's true you have to prove it and then it would be your responsibility to report it to the company. As far as I am concerned they're professional people who know their job inside out. The CRM training I received in BA was the best of all the companies I worked for and nobody said anything bad about FC.

As for being jealous of FC money....hahaha. I don't see all this jealousy that you guys are talking about...I just don't see it. We do different jobs, full stop. Besides, there are some CSDs at LHR that earn more than some pilots!!!!
And this unfortunately might create some resentment on your side of the F/D door....

This is the first time I've read something that not only isn't true, but also isn't interesting at all and I am surprised how some people that I would call professional pilots can even bother to start a thread like this and keep stirring things up more and more.......I think I err the opposite way, and I might have to start thinking a bit less of you

Just call it a day, please, and if you have problems with your CC during your flights, just approach them and talk to them. You can obtain that a) you solve the possible conflict situation before it can develop and you might gain more respect, and b) you might even discover that you get along after all as you've only misunderstood each other.

You have a tongue, USE IT!!!! (and this can be interpreted the way you like it )

Enough now, I am off for some serious CRM with my very own Water Extinguisher.

FBW