PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Sinks to a new Low - Sacks Worker for beig a Goth
Old 24th Apr 2006, 12:23
airbusthreetwenty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted the following in the Cabin Crew forum when this topic was discussed. I made my comments well before the JQ media release.

Did anyone notice how this wasn't reported on in the Sydney Morning Herald or in the Australian or in any other well respected newspaper?? It was a biased story put by the Daily Telegraph. With all talk focused on the IR laws at the moment, i'm sure the editors would jump at any opportunity to print a story which would shock their obedient readers.

The reporting of the Daily Telegraph is of the same nature as that of Today Tonight and ACA.

I take what I read and watch with a grain of salt.

Originally Posted by airbusthreetwenty
Quite simply the CSO in question wasn't performing his/her duties properly. This CSO turned up late repeatedly during probation, in addition to continual poor grooming and a few other breaches of policy and procedure.

The CSO was given the opportunity to improve performance during an agreed extended probation.

At the end of the extended probation the CSO's "operational performance" hadn't improved and management terminated the CSO's employment.

As a CSO myself, I believe the termination was quite justified.