PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2006, 05:43
SST77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiny Brain,

You've hit the nail on the head. These days, everyone seems to be hankering to fly as a SQ pilot...

In my office alone, I've come across 3 other brothers who've failed in their numerous attempts in getting into SQ's Cadet programme... one even left to join the MFA to get his own training done, but even his efforts weren't successful. Even though they've all moved on to other non-aviation sector jobs, they're still dreaming of being airborne.

I've applied for the programme 5 times now. First was when I was 25, before graduation. Didn't receive a reply at all. 2nd time round in Jan 05, I got an interview but was canned after the first round. With my nerves were so shot and my naviety about the whole process, I must admit I was an easy target for the interviewers! The dream then took a back-seat as I tried to forget about the disappointment. Even tried out for a trainee station manager post when SQ put ads out for it, figuring that if I couldn't fly the company's planes, I'd love to at least still be working in SQ. Failed in that too... haha... And the flying-dream refused to die away... and I've since sent 3 other applications, all of which haven't garnered a response from SQ. I'm wondering if my applications, and any future ones, are now prejudiced cos I've applied for another post within SQ?

I have a friend working within Flight Ops in SQ, and he confirms that there's an unwritten rule in HR about binning applicants who've submitted, and failed in, up to 3 applications... though the "policy" isn't applied strictly, and some "repeat applicants" do slip through... then again, some in the forum liken our applications are like lottery numbers... the more we buy/ send, the higher our chances... HAHA... though I believe that it'd just piss off the HR dept even more...

Hey Echopapa and Tangotango... don't give up on your dreams yet... who knows... we might just stirke the "lottery" one day...