PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew threaten to poison pilots
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2006, 04:49
Linden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again the stories of crew meals being interfered with comes up and everyone adopts their fighting position. On the one side we have the pilots who mostly accept that this happens and the cabin crew on the other side who mostly assert that it does not. In the middle we have those who don't know, those who want to sidetrack to other issues, and those who just want to make smart comments. Battle stations everyone.

Surprisingly, in spite of clear evidence that eye drops can not and do not cause a person to "get the runs" people are choosing to ignore that and are still trying to keep the myth going. Those who have understood that the myth has been sprung have moved on to other horrible things that cabin crew are alleged to have done (to the food) in an attempt to "make their point."

Some have asserted that they know from experience, or have been told, or have heard about these things - without even stopping to think that the person telling the story might just be having a lend of them. It seems to me that the same old thing about human nature is holding true - why believe something good of a person when there might be something bad you can talk about?

I've been hearing these stories for years and would be extremely reluctant to give them credit. As others have said, some sort of proof is needed and proof does not arise from stories told in a bar or in any situation where people have been drinking. Most of the cabin crew have denied outright that this sort of behavior exists but there are people here who prefer to believe the minority who like to tell their stories. Interestingly, it seems that a lot of the pilots who have posted here have believed the stories almost without question. Some pretty senior pilots amongst them too. I am not sure if this demonstrates the truth of the tales or the gullibility of pilots.

I was somewhat surprised though to see a mod from the helicopter division enter the fray - I mean, helos are not normally known for carrying cabin crew or serving meals are they? Unless a person has worked in the specific environment, they cannot be expected to know too much about it - just my opinion of course. Mind you, nobody who visits here on a regular basis could really fail to notice Heliport's antagonistic attitude towards cabin crew so it is not surprising that he prefers to be in the "I believe every word of it" camp regardless of his lack of experience in the arena. He never misses an opportunity to snipe at cabin crew.

I am more of a lurker than a poster, I know, but I just wanted to add my ten cents' worth to the discussion. For what it's worth - I've never heard of it happening and I don't know anyone who has ever done anything like that.

Last edited by Linden; 25th Apr 2006 at 00:22.