PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew threaten to poison pilots
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2006, 23:47
britanniaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NLB
Sadly yes, when I started in this business 20 years ago cabin crew were generally, well educated decent people. This has deteriorated gradually to the situation now where to be cabin crew is a last resort for most.
Hmmm. And when I started in this business 5 years ago, it was Flight Crew of your "opinion" that I disliked the most: arrogant, presumptuous and stuck in the "good old days".

The majority of Cabin Crew are well-educated and respectful people. Me? I have a degree in Geology but enjoy flying. One of my friends gave up a good job for a major telecoms company and who also has a degree in Management. Several other of my friends attended college prior to choosing flying.

Most crew have chosen to be crew as it is something we enjoy and want to do; it is not a "last resort". It is still a difficult job to get into, as the number of poeple who are rejected year-on-year will testify to.

Perhaps if you are of the opinion that you seem to be, commercial aviation is maybe not your best niche. Maybe it is your last resort as clearly you lack the interpersonal skills most other jobs require.