PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Patria Pilot Training MD-80 type rating?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2006, 17:19
low n' slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AFIS
As said, how can they run a type rating course without the proper manuals etc? How can a school be approved for such training? How did you learn?!
Just out of interest, do the Finnish pilots who fail the Finncomm aptitude tests get the option to pay for their own type ratings and then work for Finncomm? Or do they get the option to elect not to take them at all and pay for their own rating and work like you? If not, I could imagine such a system may cause low hour Finnish pilots to feel hard done by!
Everything is CBT based so when you do the technical part, you do it all from CBT. I haven't done my test yet so I'll have to wait and see. I believe we will get manuals later on for the classroom part of the training (performance, w and b etc...). Regarding permits, I know nothing. I just hope that I'll get the type transferred onto my license in the end... Is that perhaps aiming to high

Regarding failing aptitude testing, I haven't got the slightest Idea so I dont want to make a guess of how they'd handle it, but I feel very doubtful of them employing someone who's failed, be it for contract or for full employment.

/LnS