PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA747 3 engine LAX-LHR article
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2006, 17:05
jondc9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
danny

if you are in charge of pprune, take me off if you like. but then it is not a forum, it is a rah rah group for BA. Disagree and lose posting status. Fine.

as for the "my mel" and me being medically grounded, I was refering to the MEL's I used to use when actively flying. do you understand?

And to Vulcan bomber man... the entire point was does it matter what kind of plane it was if the decision to land in a thunderstorm caused it to crash? can any pilot discuss thunderstorm flying? Robert Buck wrote "Weather Flying" while doing research in a B17...would that limit his views because the plane in question was a Vulcan bomber?

By your standards, yes!

So by your standards the only people to comment on this 747 problem isn't a pilot, but a BA 747-400 pilot.

And Rules open to interpretation? Well, let's just put it this way...AL Capone went to jail on income tax evasion charges, not for the other dasterdly works he accomplished. Now some of you won't understand this reference...but maybe if you think about it perhaps careless and reckless might be a hard charge to prove with current regulations, but approaching it from a different angle might still prove its point.

And back to the generator question. Is it possible your airline is encouraging pilots to "carry" lame airplanes? Perhaps the inbound crew just mentioned problems with the generator to the outbound crew and didn't want to write it up. The outbound crew with a wink and a nod waited for the plane to move before MEL'ng it.

Tell me that you have never heard of such a thing happening. Go on. Tell me.

I am still waiting for the answers to the questions posed:

would you have returned to LAX if the Queen was on your 747-400?

what was the final report on what caused the engine problem?

is declaring a low fuel emergency part of BA's normal procedures?

what caused the same plane to have an engine problem some 3 weeks later?

You mentioned more evidence about breaking rules. Answer the question about fuel and declaring a low fuel emergency. Would this pilot have had to declare a low fuel emergency if he had returned to LAX?

Danny, you spoke of my inflated ego. Isn't it time that someone make the case that this pilot made a mistake in judgement? If I am the only one doing it, how is that an indication of inflated ego? It is time however to acknowledge the role money had in the decision making process.

And for shear debating, you take my case and I will take yours...shall we do it that way?

j