PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just TROLLEY DOLLIES?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2006, 15:11
crib08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=Rachman]Don't listen to them! Cabin crew are, first and foremost, required only for safety reasons. Any other duties you are involved in whilst fulfilling your function as cabin crew are secondary. Depending on which airline you end up with, these duties will include food and drinks services and/or tax/duty free goods services, which are designed primarily to earn the Company (and you)some extra profit. After that comes passenger welfare, and this will include being able to cope with medical emergencies, potentially dangerous confrontational situations, badly beahaved kids and even more badly behaved 'grown-ups', as they like to call themselves!

It is a responsible and demanding job for which you will have to give up any notion of your (probable) previous 9-5, Mon-Fri lifestyle.

If this is not enough to put you off, then you can be sure to eventually enjoy
an enormously rewarding job and a great sense of 'belonging' to the great aviation fraternity.

Well worth giving it a shot and good luck!

Rachman couldnt have put it any better. Depending on which airline you end up with the money can be very good. With my airline, I have been very lucky. In the last 3 months I can say I have earnt at least 1,600 a month and this month and next I will be looking at near 1,800. In the 4 yrs of flying my smallest pay packet would be my basic of 900 pounds but that would only be because I hadnt worked at all that month.

You dont get that much stick from the pax if any. The only problem we seem to have is when the pax have had a drink too many and want another. Most of us are in this job for the people you work with. These days I think thats the only reason why some crew stay at there airline.