PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who are the lowest paid pilots?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2006, 13:30
LoCo Commotion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so everybody seems to have an opinion about how awful the pay is at Jet2 but lets just clear up a couple of things...

Most if not all of the Jet2 figures quoted so far appear to be for the FO's on the channex type rating scheme. The deal is this: The normal FO salary after year 3 is about £43k 'ish basic ( or so we were told on day 1!!) + £2.10/ duty hour tax free + the newly introduced sector pay (which will make a negligible £30/month net difference based on 30 sectors per month). I assume the same applies if you come to Jet2 with a 737 rating.

For those who took the type rating scheme option through CTC, the basic salary is reduced to low to mid £30k which increases annually by about £1k over years 1-3. This accounts for the repayment to the FO for his or her £20k (23k if you required the advanced jet handling course) paid to CTC for type rating training. This is paid back un-taxed, on a monthly basis, to the employee over a 3 year period. We are under no illusion that although we get this training money back to us, we are in fact paying for our rating through loss of salary. I'm not going to get into the whole 'pay for a rating' thing as that's been done to death on other threads.

A mate of mine working for FR paid 30,000 euros for his type rating and doesn't get any of that back but salary is pretty good after the first 6 months so it would appear to be a case of 6 and 2 3's.

LCM