PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 209 POH and hire
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2006, 13:05
Gunnadothat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by montyjames
As i said before, Im not arguing the existance of the 209, but more to the fact that its an edited photo, everything in it is the same, including glare etc, all of which would be imposible to get if the photos were taken on different days.

Notice how the truck is also longer.
Quite agree Monty...

Draw lines from the leading edge of the horizontal stabilizer where it joins the empennage, to it's corresponding shadow point. Then do the same for the Leading and Trailing edges of the wing where it joins the fuselage, and the top of the main gear to it's corresponding shadow point. Now see if they appear to be parallel. They're not ? Hmmmmm....... something not quite right here....

Also take a look at the lower white coloured section of the engine cowling forward of the main gear, and you'll see five or six "ripples" which can only be caused by the "clone stamp" function in Adobe Photoshop.

Like Monty, I'm not doubting the existance of such a machine, but I'm 'fraid to say that in the case of this photo Tiger, you have been well and truly had

cheers

Gunnadothat.

Not so. The fuselage length is such that the sun's rays strike the wing and horizontal stabiliser at two different vectors. The following formula will explain the displaced shaddow:

The vector angle from P1 to P2 is
d = sqrt[(x1-x2)2+ (y1-y2)2].
The coordinates of the point dividing the line segment P1P2 in the ratio r/s are:
([r x2+s x1]/[r+s], [r y2+s y1]/[r+s]).
As a special case, when r = s, the midpoint of the line segment has coordinates
([x2+x1]/2,[y2+y1]/2).

Simple school kid stuff really!

They are not "ripples"! They are JATO mounts, required when the wind is less than 40 kts on the nose for take off!!

Sunny Woomera