PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To land or to go around?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2006, 12:54
banewboi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zero tolerance, all the way. if there were no pax our jobs would be so much easier!!!!

i don't think you can be over zealous when safety comes into it. you're safe, or you aren't and a man doing god knows what in a confined space in the final stages of flight is a risk, he could have a bomb, he could be smoking, he could be stood up injecting drugs, he could be scared or he could just be evacuating his bowels, either way he is a grown man and should be able to contain himself until a safe taxing speed is achieved, he should have the common sense to do what he is told by trained proffesionals in an aluminium tube going at 400 mph 10000 feet up! and he should obey the commanders commands at all times when onboard (not doing so is a criminal offence and the seatbelt sign is classed as a command)

we have a right to work in a safe environment and to be empowered to maintain that safe environment, if the aircraft hits a microburst or weather bubble or something else technical that substantially changes the aircrafts attitude enough to disturb it's occupants the fd have enough on their plates with keeping a hurtling lump of metal in the air without having to worry about some stupid bloke down the back doing exactly as he pleases and ending up with a broken arm because he's hit the ceiling and landed on an armrest! he jeopardised the safety of himself, other pax and the crew and is unaccepatable and his bollocking was well deserved, as for mr forceful anyone touching a fa and pushing their luck should be met by the police,

at the end of the day since 9/11 you shut up, sit down, drink your tea and if we tell you to perform the oki koki you do it! if people don't want to get into trouble they should do as they are bloody well told!

i'll get down off my soap box now but finally i must say that we don't tell people what to do for the good of our health, it's for the good of theirs and they should respect it!

really, i'll get down now. promise.