PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA747 3 engine LAX-LHR article
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2006, 11:57
Danny

aka Capt PPRuNe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AS to your judgement of losing a generator and going on to KLAS, you were within your rights under your MEL I am sure.

I would have gone back to the gate and gotten it fixed.
Aha, you have finally confirmed to me and no doubt the great majority of us on here who are airline pilots that you do not have any real experience of airline operations. So, from now on, we can treat your opinions as just more of the same old drivel. We know you would not have continued on the BA flight and if you were with my airline you would have returned to stand with a single generator inop when downroute, returning to home base in a B744.

Now, kindly leave the discussion so that something new and that makes sense to us can be debated. Opinions, once made are fine. Repeatedly soapboxing on here with flawed opinions based on limited experience soon leave you with no credibility and degrade the thread as more and more of us feel the need to put you in your place which is as a voice over on CNN as they play endless repeat loops of some light aircraft with it's gear partially extended or some other drama on a quiet news day.

One thing is plainly obvious to us on here... you will never be in the position to make the decision whether to return to LAX whilst piloting a B744 if you shut down an engine or just lose one of four generators. 'Nuff said.