PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To land or to go around?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2006, 11:39
ozangel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lembrado, are you crew?

Im not in the habit of getting people banned. For your information, the guy was banned by the company which employed him for bad behaviour. I believe he was actually sacked - and you know what, part of me feels sorry for him. One brief silly action took away his lively hood - but we all have to be accountable right?

Now, im sorry, but physically threatening me was something he could have been arrested for. He got off lightly.

You seem to forget that the plane is hurtling through the sky at great speed, in a phase of flight where that gets reduced to zero very quickly. On the other side of the coin, fbw's concern was the opposite, in a go around the speed, and attitude changing in the opposite direction.

Now when it comes down to it, I dont want a womans handbag flying at me at high speed, let alone a 120kg bloke. He was a regular flyer, and did know better.

CherokeeDriver makes a point when he says 'not for passenger use'.

I guess that sums his post up. Cabin Crew are there to make sure the passengers are safe.

When it comes down to it, the first thing he would have done if injured would have involved trying to sue the airline.

I also, despite how he had behaved, went out of my way to avoid him suffering further embarrasment, by insisting he sat in the last row near me.

The fact of the matter is, in this day and age, we all have to be accountable. Crew are humans, and what kind of message does quietly chatting to them after the flight. Theyre off the plane, they couldnt care less.

Had the guy not been a regular, I probably would have been a little more firm and direct, just like fbw. Unfortunately I knew that if I didnt report it, the rest of his colleagues would have, I would have been questioned and I would have been in the wrong. Immediately I knew this guy was going to lose his job, whether I liked it or not. My choice was do I follow the rules, or risk getting in trouble myself to cover for a physically aggressive bloke who regardless of how often he flew, should have known better.