PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2006, 21:22
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure if it is a full pull out, MarkD? The links mentions the end of daily flights on the route from Glasgow - perhaps it is just a reduction from the daily service which would not be too out of the ordinary? Hope the situation is clarified soon.

Today's Cork Evening Echo has a story that the new terminal will open for Arrivals only on 10th May and that Departures will operate from the old terminal. If there is any truth to this story what a diabolical farce the new terminal story has become. Three years, countless millions & millions of Euros spent and still not ready to properly open on the agreed date. The mind boggles at the genius involved to get us to this point!

A Thomsonfly (BY) Boeing 767-300 brought a pilgrimage party back from Lourdes to Cork this afternoon. She parked nose in at Stand 15 that later needed a pushback. The big Boeing was a fine sight. There were two Bus Eireann city busses used to transport pax from the aircraft to the terminal. They were the low floor kind that could take wheelchair bound pax. Such a shame that Cork Airport have little interest in providing a regular service of this kind to all passengers bearing in mind the airport's wet weather record.

Heard that this afternoon's EZY781 from Gatwick had a TCAS Traffic Alert followed by a Resolution Advisory on final approach to runway 17 at Cork. Saw the aircraft climb away from the approach but have no other details as I was stuffing my face and adding to my cholestrol at the time.

The EI fuel surcharge for long haul flights is interesting in that no flights are being cancelled which is unlike the situation adopted by Slatterys Travel when announcing the cancellation of the Cork to New York flights late last autumn?

There, that is something yez can be thinking about now!