PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Sector Pay?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2006, 19:42
Seer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Balpa

Vercingatorix:

I am a seasoned trade unionist.
If that is indeed true you exhibit an alarming degree of ignorance, Balpa works under a TUC remit, if you are 'seasoned' then you would know that.

Just to get my head around all this...do BALPA have the right to speak/negotiate/agree on behalf of their members.
Whoa there, you are at crossed purposes here mate!

Balpa can 'speak' to anyone on a members behalf.
Balpa can only 'negoitiate' on (collective) members behalf if invited by said members and the company agree, unless the 50%+1 rule is applied (more of that later).
Balpa would only 'agree' on anything providing the membership agree first!

Getting 'recognition' is easier said than done.
Not so, probably the easiest thing to do... (and management hate the lose of power

If BALPA have full NEGOTIATION rights as opposed to CONSULTATION rights then stick with them. Consultation can mean lip-service.
2 complete different things! As you rightly point out, consultation means gyp... In todays morally bankrupt Airline Managment practices the only way forward is full representation. As Corporal Jones would say... they dont like it up them...

Balpa can seek representation on behalf of members if membership is proven to be 50%+1 of the Pilot body. The company have NO say in this, they must agree to the Pilots being represented by a Trades union. If the management say no, and some do (we can assume this rag tag outfit would say no), then Balpa can instigate representation against the will of management, which has happened in other companies.

Vercingatorix, I hope you now understand how Balpa approach this subject? I am not connected with Balpa in any way, although I was previously a rep for a while in a previous company, now merely a member.

On the subject of this thread, I feel there are management plants in this thread, indeed there are probably more plants posting here than were in that silly MAN meeting...

Applause indeed... suckers!