PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA747 3 engine LAX-LHR article
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2006, 19:19
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can confirm that Hand Solo is not only a current very experienced BA pilot, but exceedingly ugly and has a way with the birds.

You just don't listen. We've told you again and again that there was no company pressure on the crew- if any single one of the 3 pilots up there was not happy with the decision, they would have diverted. I would have done exactly what they did- I was one of them for 8 years on the 747, and I was certainly no respecter of management (and it may surprise you I was volubly so), but the decision was sound, and hardly any BA pilot will disagree, and hang any management or commercial dictates. Money was irrelevant. It all went into a pot and a mixture of alternates, safety, passenger considerations, repairs gave a decision to continue as near London as possible as the most valid. That is what they are paid for. Believe it or not, we do not have the American Dispatcher system where the crews are told what to do inflight. On that aeroplane, the Captain takes responsibility. You may have flown 146s, but that is not '4 engine long range ops' as in 747, with its enormous range of weights. Your '5 pilots' probably know no better than the next man! What is their experience (no- I don't need you to tell me!)

We're saying the same things over and over because you regard yourself as knowing better, despite never having operated routes like LAX-LHR (that's a 'short' one- we do far longer.) The CAA is happy with the flight. It still followed FAA regulations. The FAA does not have a leg to stand on- their stupid fine will be fought in court. They have other axes to grind.