PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised Pay Offer to easyJet Pilots - April 2006
Old 22nd Apr 2006, 17:13
Oleo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

On first viewing of this pay offer I thought it was OK: I can't complain about what I am paid at eJ, and this does a bit to bring back what has been whittled away by inflation over recent years.

But I do wonder why the loyalty pay built into basic (which would have improved the pension and LOL) has been taken off the table. As someone else said, this is now just 0.5 % over on pay and 1% over on pension, on the last offering. Why is this so great? (but it's not bad), have we all just lost interest? Having loyalty pay incorporated in pensions would have taken it off the table where the company has been trying to shoot it at every opportunity.

eJ needs to address pensions for all it's employees, I think that is why they are so reluctant to open this can of worms by moving above the 7% mark.

From my vantage point all I can see is the DEC sitting on the LHS and command courses being cancelled (gossip or true - not sure). eJ are desparately understaffed and this summer is already beyond repair.

What I need from this company is a little mutual respect and transparency in the command process, no DECs, transparent base transfers (or better no transfers at all for new captains) Why should I have to leave my base and uproot my life, for a command, to have my space taken by a DEC.

I appreciate the loyalty bonus is being reinstated for FOs, but what I really need from this company is some loyalty to me.