PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiscali and Symantec Are W*****s.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2006, 13:20
acbus1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiscali and Symantec Are W*****s.

Bought Tiscali Broadband with Symantec Norton Internet Security software (downloaded from Tiscali, so no CD) back in September.

The Norton doesn't protect my hard drive well enough to prevent hard drive re-format every few weeks.

Thanks to excellent advice on here, I use Acronis Trueimage to produce a brand spanking new hard drive with all my software installed. The process takes less than five minutes. Well, it would if I didn't have to load Norton from scratch. That painful process takes 30 minutes (so I do it during idle moments when I don't need the computer).

Until, that is, the Norton site told me that I'd reached my download limit and couldn't refresh the software.

Contacted Tiscali. They gave up after leading me down several garden paths and referred me to Symantec.

After several emails over twice as many days, Symantec want a key code, which I wasn't given. I have a PIN, which, for some reason, isn't good enough. Tiscali say the PIN is the same thing as the key code. Symantec say not.

Apart from this, Norton Internet Securty suite is a pain. It's like having a demanding child on my computer, and, as I've said, it doesn't work! If this post achieves sending that message out, then I'll be happy enough!

So to h**l with the lot of them!

Can anyone please recommend, based upon good experiences, an Internet security suite (not Symantec, obviously) which blows all the whistles and rings all the bells to protect my hard drive, please?