PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised Pay Offer to easyJet Pilots - April 2006
Old 22nd Apr 2006, 13:14
acm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pension was a priority if I remember correctly. We are not getting anything here. Make the calculation yourself and you'll see how much money every month the company will put on the table: 23 pound/month for a Captain. Everybody was shouting that pension should not be less than 15% and we did'nt manage to get at least 9 or 8% ! (without giving up pay rise or crew food).
10% payrise over 2 years is not that bad, but pension are ridiculously and dangerously low. We're back in the pattern wher the company give something in one hand and take away (nearly) in the other. it's a half bake deal, as usual.
I don't like strike but we should push more when we have the strenght to do so.
I am a proud Balpa member for the last 8 years. I won't be anymore if this deal go through. And I probably go work somewhere else in the red hot pilot market.
We have big mouth and no balls. vote NO.

(again make the calculation carefully: on the previous offer, fo 500 sectors and with the minimum bonus, I would take 510 pound more per year. This new offer is just the same thing in a more simple and attractive package)