PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KA May 18 CPP Eng + Math Test
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2006, 10:53
UlsterPPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All Candidates,
Like most of you, I am an enthusiast of flying and really want to make it into a lifelong career. Like many, I have been applying with Dragonair in the last 3 years and heard nothing. Over the past 3 years, I have improved my academic qualifications and I have achieved my UK JAA PPL with an average score of 93% in all ground school exams with flight radio licence. Before that I have achieved many team sport medals and certificates. I had experience serving the public as a full-time swimming pool life-guard at Discovery bay, HK. I don't feel I am getting the same respect as from other companies. In UK, we play on the rules. Airliners set up the short-listing criteria, whoever make it will be asked to come forward. If there are too many applicants, they will apply the extra desirable criteria which they also published to minimise the number of candidates to come forward. So that we all will have a clear idea of will make it through or not. Previously, I saw the line written " Dragonair will not ENTERTAIN any telephone enquires!" and I feel whoever written this was very impolite (rude) and I never ever seen this appears on any other companies web page before. We all know they are busy but there is better way to indicate this. I heard many good news about the flying part of Dragonair and I am not denying I really really want to work for them. But, well..what else can you do more? Last but not least, airliners promote teamwork spirit. I am here to appeal for some help on my survey. I know this is not a problem that will be interested by the ones who already getting through, but I really want to find out what make a candidate to get an invitation. Thanks for taking part and I still think assessment is the only true way to identify you have: Good English, good maths skill, good reasoning skills, good hands and eyes co-ordination skills BUT NOT simply determine from the application form and destroying the applications data. I was sitting at round one of FlyBE UK sponsorship test and there were nearly 300 candidates sitting in a large hall doing the Maths, Physics, reasoning paper based test. Then reduced to 30 to do hands and eyes co-ordination tests. This is a much fairer system to locate the best candidates. K3nnyBoy, I feel very much like you. Here is my background and age!
Degree: Yes, Engineering (2:1 Hons)
Post-graduate Degree: Yes, Engineering
Oversea now: Yes (UK)
Number of Flying hours: 55
I look forward to hearing from you all.