PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revised Pay Offer to easyJet Pilots - April 2006
Old 22nd Apr 2006, 10:22
Orange Peel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I share your sentiments ACM what would we go to Stage 3 for exactly? The pay 6% (or 4% salary & 2% pension) this year and 4% next year is reasonable. I would like to see at least 5% on pension but is it worth striking for an extra 3%?

Personally I'd rather gain another 2 or 3% on pension in the Oct 07 negotiations.

We have a more immediate battle to win to make this airline sustainable and that is rostering. In survey after survey which BALPA did rostering came out as the number one problem that need addressing so why are we getting all bothered by the pay? It's reasonable, not brilliant, but ok.

A Captain under the new deal earns £91k + which I think is a fantastic salary. You can add 7% onto that for the company's pension contribution.

I fail to see the point of taking the pay talks further when we really have a bigger lifestyle goal ahead of rostering. I'll buy the bbq's for the picket line when it comes around to those negotiations......