PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Discussions
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2006, 04:53
hawke eye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cart El,
anything is possible, but............
the most junior are about 4-5 years. They have now seen what the Company are prepared to do in the name of the bonus dollar.
They have experienced 1st hand back to back Africas, they saw how the former line managers were treated when they worked for the Company during a dispute and the thanks they got - a demotion.
Everyone heard what happenned to the crews and how they had to argue for their conditions on the JFK shuttle that spent 12 hours taxiing around JFK.
They may have issues with seniority but I think everyone is aware of how important it is to remain part of a large group and be represented by a union rather than attempt to negotiate for themselves. Look what the Jet* pilots had to offer to get a start.
Job security and decent conditions are more important than selling out for the short term to get the trips you want.
This is all the more reason why the FAAA should address this trip allocation system now rather than wait for some idiots to undermine us.
I dont think it will happen but then again I never thoought J* would sign on for what they did.

Flyagain, comments that are anti union and political are only going to deter crew drom reading the cabin crew news or encourage them not to take it seriously. The Company will start to lose any respect it still might have from crew.