PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The end of military SAR?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2006, 22:31
Return to sender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why will visiting a MCA base improve my perspective, just because I haven't flown with them doesn't mean I don't know what they do or what their capabilities are. The MCA are doing a fine job in the face of limited training hours and old equipment
Crab, you really are a total hypocrite. You accuse Dillon of starting a pissing contest and yet you put up a comment like the above saying that civilian SAR are coping despite their crap training hours and equipment. You really are unbelievable!!

You claim you know all about civil SAR and yet in a previous posting in another thread you claimed they didn't have standby aircraft which anyone with even the smallest interest in it knows that not to be true. So what is your knowledge of their training procedures or is it just another case of insulting the civvy's with innuendo?

You posted commercial in confidence contract information on the internet which you and your merry band had been casually discussing in the crew room - so not much discretion there. You have constantly made anti Bristow postings and openly rejoiced when they lost the contract. So you are hardly an unbiased or even handed commentator on this issue.

Why not just come out and say that you hate civil SAR, wish it never happened and have no respect for those that do it. Every comment you makes knocks it although I admit you do it very cleverly and very sneakily.

The sad thing is, is that your postings do more damage to military SAR then anyone else’s. It shows you to be short sighted, stuck in your ways, unwilling to advance further and embrace new ideas and clinging to the past. You’re just too opinionated to see it.

I have flown with military crews and I thank god that none of them are the slightest bit as ignorant as you. Your attitude and postings do you nor your service you purport to represent any favors at all. I feel sorry for you. Still I’ll get over it and move on.... can you?