PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parliamentary Questions concerning Hercules Safety
Old 21st Apr 2006, 21:56
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would also like to add that at no stage have I claimed that a program to fit foam was cancelled.

I have learned that Harley 37 was not the only Hercules to get hit in GW2. I understand that several Hercules were HAMMERED with all kinds of small arms/AAA. None of them were shot down despite suffering hits to the wing. They had the protection of foam in the fuel tanks. I believe that the balance of probability is that the crew of XV179 were more likely to have survived the attack if the aircraft had been fitted with foam. If this Govt is serious in its desire to afford protection to military personnel why did it cancel an anti-missile program for the J Hercules? And why did it send Hercules to Afg without foam?

The manner in which the widows and relatives have been treated over the pensions clause is a disgrace. It highlights the apparent desire of the MoD to limit compensation by reducing pensions to save money, even where the fault lies with the employer. I would very much like to hear from anyone who was involved with the Chinook crash. I understand the MoD may have used strong arm tactics with the bereaved, concerning pensions and compensation caps. Please PM me if you can help.

Last edited by nigegilb; 21st Apr 2006 at 22:46.