PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Sector Pay?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2006, 19:17
Vercingatorix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by arewenearlythereyet?
Unfortunately you still see the naivety of the Jet2 pilots showing through in this thread. Even after the latest easyJet negotiations where the company has substantially revised their pay offer because they had a very high Balpa membership and the support of the Balpa negotiators, we see inexperienced individuals in Jet2 who believe that by negotiating their pay, terms and conditions as a group with the cabin crew, and suggesting that the TGWU can represent the pilots better than Balpa heading down the slippery path of getting well and truly shafted by the Jet2 management.

Once again, just because one individual harps on about one instance where Balpa had to make a Solomons choice over whether to back one position or another, we see a blanket disapproval and Lemming like advice being given to the other naive, inexperienced or just plain ignorant pilots to join the TGWU and to negotiate collectively with the cabin crew. I shake my head in disbelief as no doubt those of us who are lucky enough to work for carriers that have strong Balpa representation and have learnt the hard way how it actually works, watch these innocents heading, like lambs, straight to the slaughter.

It really is time that you Jet2 pilots got your acts together and looked at the other airlines around you where there is strong Balpa membership and the terms and conditions they work under and your own. Even a house brick can see the logic and fact in that!
I am a seasoned trade unionist. Not in the flying profession but you've got the same problems, the world over!! I'd advise staying with your own 'union' rather than going into TGWU or any other. I assume you've got your own representative body? Can anyone explain it's set-up to me. Is it in the pocket of management? Your management sound typical of most management...reptilia...would sell their own children to get what they want. Get organised...fight back...shock tactics!
Your pay offer is derisory...below inflation! You're going to have to stand up for yourselves, my friends!

Last edited by Vercingatorix; 21st Apr 2006 at 19:29.