PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS
Thread: LEEDS
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2006, 18:59
Polehill.flt70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
security

Originally Posted by giblets
The reason for the long queues is not the lack of space, but the security staff, never have any problems at any other airports, yet every single time i travel through LBA manage to get my hand luggage searched, even if there is no one round to actually check it, end up waiting 5 mins while they all have a chat.
Other than that, LBA seems ok, improvements are much appreciated.
Bit of a moot point there giblets. See my other post (above?), it all depends on the supervisor and staff that they have. As with any other company there are god and bad management (i place supervisors in this class just for ease). On some days the wait may be minimal on others way too long due to the mis-management of the staff they have. You must also try to understand that the 'plods' may have been told 'do not do anything unless you are told to do so', in this case if the supervisor has not be made aware of a bag needed to be searched then the wait is lengthened. Next time you come through maybe try to check out the one supervising and see if the wait is longer with different people "in charge", i can take bets now that it will vary with each supervisor and shift.

:- P