PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Sector Pay?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2006, 17:34
LoCo Commotion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gulpers
I'm in BALPA and I'll stay there. Having a strong voice is good, but I for one don't feel I'd resort to industrial action or somesuch, so why get unionised in order to show mutual support? ......
The initial sector pay felt like a shafting and the revision isn't any better just cos they picked some of the splinters out of the bat. G

Gulpers, listen mate, none of us really want resort to industrial action but if there is some form of recognised organised representation it must be the way to go. I can see what you are saying but if we let this one go then next time management will think we are all going to bend over and take it when the next shafting is due .... believe me, there will be another one after this one, it's probably lined up right now, then another following that. Look at what the boys at EZ have just done with the help of representation.

Do we want to be paid on a par with others in the industry? Yes. Have you seen that other thread about lowest paid pilots? The first response suggested Jet2 straight away.

Never mind the splinters.... go and put a load of nails in your bat and crack the right back!

LCM