PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Sector Pay?
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2006, 17:11
Gulpers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got the news through about the revised sector pay. An extra 50p for medium sectors, for which only one flight qualifies.
It still sucks and I still feel very let down. An explanation about how the figures were calculated doesn't help me feel better.
I'm in BALPA and I'll stay there. Having a strong voice is good, but I for one don't feel I'd resort to industrial action or somesuch, so why get unionised in order to show mutual support?
On the whole, the job and company is enjoyable, which helps me overlook a lot of the things that are bad or could be better. All companies are the same, good and bad, and you just have to sort out what percentage mix it is for you as an individual.
Personally, the company still scores in the positive for me - there are many great things about Jet2 - but this sector pay issue has definitely decreased my margin of happy feelings.
The initial sector pay felt like a shafting and the revision isn't any better just cos they picked some of the splinters out of the bat.

G