PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealand
Thread: Air New Zealand
View Single Post
Old 21st Apr 2006, 16:51
xana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop

Originally Posted by 948
If they say their height requirment is 1m60, why do you think they would break their own rule by taking on people too short? Of course it is strict!!! Crew are there to act in emergencies and need to be tall enough to reach the equipment!
thank you 948 for your very... "cheerful" (?) reply. i appreciate your point, but i would like you to understand that perhaps i was, with hope, seeking for some sort of good news or reassurance. yes, that is their stated minimum requirement - i understand and respect that. i only asked this question in this forum in the hope of hearing of someone who knows if they'll open "exceptions", or if they will overlook that aspect due to other qualities they may consider more valuable. i'm not 1m40 nor 1m50. i'm 1m57, i.e. 3cm from their requirement. it's a pity the requirement is inflexible, as quite honestly, i think other aspects are more important, i believe, (such as personality, skills, experience in a costumer-orientated job, dedication, commitment, etc), and therefore in such circumstances maybe a difference of 3cm could be overlooked? that said, i have never worked for an airline, but i would think that it would be strange if there wasn't anything (such as a stool or high heels, as i'm a female, etc) that could, in some way, make up for my "impairment" if that's how slightly shorter heights seem to be seen as. therefore, forgive me for my ignorance, as i have never worked as cabin crew and hence was asking a simple, if not a somewhat naive question (as i would not exactly be aware that it is considered to be a "stupid question"), and in my own ignorance was only seeking an opinion from experienced and knowledgeable, as well as polite people at pprune - therefore there is no need to reply with tone you did, thank you very much.

jettesen, btw, where did you hear of the rumour about easyjet opening up a base in lisbon? i've been to different threads looking for you, for you to tell me more about this but haven't found you... also, your pms are not activated... please say something!