PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reduced V1 on Dry Runway - (previously) Is V1min a Safety Benefit
Old 20th Apr 2006, 23:22
rhovsquared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jambo buana I'm not an airline pilot just a pilot CPL-IR ASEL/AMEL who loves jets can't afford more time in anything (not even a passenger ticket on jetblu ) otherwise i'd be typed on all of the Boeings ; but my knowledge of the subject is not superficial. Without plaigerizing others here i'm under the impression ( either old smokey or john tullamarine IIRC...sorry guys) that V1/VR/V2 triplets cannot/ or shouldn't be fooled around with on a mix and match basis, so normally V1 should not be tampered with unless the AFM allows a V1 range either V1 min. For field length limitations (such as when a clearway exist that can be overflown within the TODA and the aircraft meets appropriate screen heights for rwy conditions -ASDA v. ASDR- and obstacle clearance on the first and second segments of the net flight path. and everything is scheduled in the perf. tables or afm or the perf pages of the afm or the FMC. and nothing is overtly limiting ). or pick a V1 max for wat limited or obstacle limited departures where you want to stop as late as possible where field length is obviously not limiting and AOTA)) and as you said V1 can never be less than Vmcg cuz you'd drift of the side at high power. now as far as EU, well I have enough trouble with some of the FARs US gov't speak so i definitely can't help with the BCARS . but if you look through that thread I know a discusion of V1 min is therein (I know it's quite a long one took me two days to finish). it seems that V1 is quite a contentious issue at times, but just remember the Vmcg and Vmca and Vxse etc. for pistion twins and playing with the SE GA's such a huge pucker factor that the FAA doesn't even put in the ME PTS's. I'd rather have V1/VR and V2 than Vmc, Vxse, Vyse and a "real" (not on seminoles) critical engine that in XW's is even more critical... in a way life's a bit easier when you're over 12500 lbs MGTOW

edited to add a small digression and to correct some grammar and spelling

Last edited by rhovsquared; 28th Apr 2006 at 22:51.