PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF JPA Rollout
Thread: RAF JPA Rollout
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2006, 19:46
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Spotter

Nearly right old chap, you forgot to include the network people whose fault it also won't be, the PC providers, whose fault it won't be (all purchased to DII spec! From the DGICS Catalogue so it must be compliant and it only cost 3-times more than at PC World!). The idea of a couple of networks (one light one dark) off which we hang all systems is all very well, but it simply allows one bunch of unqualified individuals to blame another bunch of unqualified people who aren't part of the same organisation/contract so have nothing to gain.

Naiively, I was somewhat surprised to find that one chap who came to fix a Dark-side PC at my work had never even seen one before. In fact, he'd come straight from another 'managed service' job in one of the Newcastle Job Centres. He couldn't get the box open until I showed him how! Left two hours later scratching his head and muttering about the fibres/NICs/IPs/BIDs/Routers being the wrong for the system. What was actually needed was the details of the WINSERVER to be typed into the thing so it knew where to look when it was switched on. Did it myself in the end. Nice one Fu***su, thanks for managing our service for us.

Sorry about all that. Got a bit carried away. It's the frustration of not being able to log-on to JPA. I have asked OC Personal Admin Support Flight Sqn what the Stn Business Continuity Plan Says about all this.

STH