PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Self Funded Type Ratings
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2006, 19:04
On speed on profile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flypuppy, Feel for you mate.

Carb heat on, The reason why I am against SSTRs and the reason for starting this thread has been said over an over again. Because SSTRs are an unnecessary expenditure pilots shouldnt have to come up with that for numerous reasons already mentioned, give companies a stronger grip on dictating what we are paid as pilots.

I cant believe so many people here actually want to pay for a SSTR let alone thinking working together so that we can all be paid more is a bad thing!!

AN2 Driver, there is a problem with your last statement. Too many pilots are being sold the dream by big training organisations and SSTRs without having a clue what they are geting themselves into! They all start training thinking that buying a SSTR is normal and that is the mis-information we need to stop, maybe by getting rid of SSTRs!

I have to ask this again... are there any more ideas out there on what approach I can take to BALPA re: Eliminating SSTRs so we can maintain Ts and Cs? There are many new posters here with obviously different ideas but if you look at the opening post, you will see what I am after. Your ideas!! Thanks,

OSOP