PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 20th Apr 2006, 13:57
LEVC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which one: None, unless you have a job offer lined up

Why: Because there are better and more productive ways to spend the money than flushing them down the toilet

I know how it feels as most of the ppruners do also, but going this way wont get you anywhere.

Perhaps FI rating, or some travelling around where there are more jobs available, i am sure there are other possibilities, just pointing out the more obvious from my point of view.

Getting a job in a small/medium size company in OPS, i know many cases of people getting in to the RHS of their dreams this way, some get even economic help from the company to complete their flight training and TR.

A TR with no experience is useless, it would be different if you had 1000's hours on jets, but with no experience, it wont get you anywhere near the RHS you are looking for, instead it will get you very near bankrupcy unless you/your family are rich.

Try to get any flying job, keep flying , build a network of contacts within the industry, ETC......, that is much cheaper and much more productive.

Try to stay away from TR+Hours scheemes, the rate of succes of getting a job afterwards is pretty low, that is if you manage to do the flying they promise at all (make a search on Eaglejet and similar outfits and judge by yourself)

Good luck and be patient,don't let anything discourage you, you'll get there