PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Crew luggage.
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2006, 13:24
prat_eegle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Hi there
Whoever said this post is anal? I wonder what he/she meant. is it because one can sit on the suitcase when tired? Certainly not when wearing uniforms , I guess. (just kidding)
I agree that having to use suitcases provided by the co means less flexibility as to what size you are going to have to carry, or how much empty space (or not) is left inside a bag.
However, I think that anyone seeing a flight crew of six to ten people or more at an airport, wearing one uniform and looking part of one organised team or organisation, may see (wrongly though) some disorganisation if each one is carrying a suitcase of different shape, size, color. I know this is not important in essence, but I was just thinking of the aesthetic or visual effect on the outsider.
definitely choosing your own is more practical.
Some airlines supply you with three pieces. A flight bag to carry in the cabin, which may or may not be a trolley, depending on the co. The second piece is a trolley (for short trips, one or two nights or so). The third is a proper suitcase for longer trips. The flight bag is compulsory to carry. The other are left to choice if and which one .
Anyway, I wont bore you anymore.
Regards.