PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Length of CV
Thread: Length of CV
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2006, 11:03
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickphuk you haven't even finished fATPL training. You must be struggling to fill half of one side of A4! How on earth can you 'just squeeze it into one page' by removing your referees??! Remember, you are applying for jobs as a pilot, for which only your flying experience is relevant. Your employment history may be very interesting, but if it's not in flying it gets very brief mention indeed.

PS Your username is offensive. Find another one.

low n'slow: 'My general rule has been: As many pages as required... Nope. One page, no more. It's easy to do. As you say, it is not a life story. It is effectively a statement of flying experience and little else.

TolTol Why can't you get it into one page? Your headings are OK-ish:

Personal Details: Name, address, phone, e-mail (not [email protected] or similar, please) age.

Flying Experience: Total hours, total ME hours, PIC hours, qualifications held (CPL/IR, MCC, any type ratings, class 1 medical with date).

Education: Only if you're a recent school/college/university leaver and the target employer has stated a requirement for particular educational qualifications. A single line should do it: 8 GCSEs at C and above, 3 A-levels (Maths, Drama, Balinese Pole-Dancing), BA (Hons) in Advanced Fraud and Dodgy Book-keeping.

Employment history (which you didn't mention): If it's not in flying, make it very, very brief. I don't need to know what synergistic benefits devolved to the wider consumership from your holistic approach to shelf-stacking in Tescos.

Hobbies and Interests: OK, if you must, but keep it short. Don't tell me what football team you support - I might hate them. Actually, I might hate football altogether, so be wary of mentioning stuff that generates strong feelings.

References: 'Available if required' is all that is needed

Scroggs