PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair & Air Arran Bomb Threat Diversions to PIK (merged)
Old 20th Apr 2006, 10:06
alibaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The PIC has total authority over the aircraft and contents as is given under ICAO annex's under international law. Also this is reiterated under FAA FAR'S, JAA JAR OPS, CAA and Air Navigation Order and Company rules with the OPS manual and security manual's if one is published and any other rule or law you want to state. “PIC/ Captain in a Security situation are the ultimate and final authority for the safety of the aircraft”. That is as plain and simple as it comes.

PLOD and SPOOKS need to be aware of this. Obviously they are lacking in there training if they do not. And they should be made aware of the law here. No if or but about parking brakes or such rubbish.

If PLOD can override your decisions on the ground what is stopping him in the air? Where does it end not just in a security situation but in an emergency?

This is not a committee, the buck stops with you.

What rubbish about shooting people if you disembark the A/C by whatever means air stairs if fitted or slide. Please stop stupid scare mongering. If an evacuation was ordered do you think this would not have been pre communicated to the authorities? "NOTIFY THE TOWER/ AUTHORIES" is in the evacuation checks. I think it would have been communicated along time before this point in the evacuation anyway.

No ware have I read that you have a licence to kill and ask questions later. Even if Sir Ian Blair and his chums think otherwise! They will answer to their mistakes in due course......

If we are not aware of all the facts well it is your duty to make us aware so that PIC'S can come to decisions in consultation with security services in this type of situation. I am not talking about a hijacking here!

A calm measured response is what is needed in this type of situation by all parties and jumping for joy on the slides is maybe what is not needed but I know that is the Head DRIVERS decision not PLODS and SPOOKS.

Last edited by alibaba; 20th Apr 2006 at 13:05.