PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in South Africa
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2006, 04:30
Hiro Protagonist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a rather bizzare coincidence, I flew a man on a tour of the Grand Canyon today who works in the oil industry in Angola. He stated that their helicopters had been provided by PHI, but were now provided by the oil co. (I can't remember who he worked for it may well have been chevron.) His assessment was that the were trying to maintain the fleet with too few trained professionals mechanics. It sounded like many trainee level guys wrenching under the supervision of a few mechanics. We didn't really get into to many details as I had duties to perform (sandwiches to hand out, sparkling wine (can't spell champaingnee (and it's from calif.)) to pour, etc...)

(sorry about the nested parenthesis (I should never have given up programming computers (there more acceptable there!)))

So there you have it, not very well informed bits of probably incorrectly heard information from halfway around the world. I just couldn't pass up the coincidence, and it sounds like wherever this gentleman worked could use some proper mechanics, so maybe you've got a chance... Good luck.