PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew threaten to poison pilots
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2006, 20:50
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by keeperboy
WHY THE HELL ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LETTER WHEN YOU COULD HAVE PUT 'NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED'???
Seems this gentleman is looking to run in the Balpa elections again and certainly, as mentioned in an earlier thread, often and publicity is good publicity - and he's certainly got it!!!!!!!

I'm sure you'll remember the letter of about a year-and-a-half ago from a LGW CSD, Yode O(somthing). Yode's a lovely guy but many took great offence from his letter and it kicked up mass anger in the crew community. Again, this was another letter that most people would look to withold their identity from, but Yode had his name, rank and base published.

It's either bravery (i.e. not giving a sh1t about what people think as a result of thier opinions) or simply an effort to make a name for themselves; be it good or bad.

To the writer of the letter in the BA News, while I haven't actually read the letter as I haven't been in work for two weeks, I have to applaud his candor and congratulate him for sharing his opinion without hiding behind anonymity. Regardless of one's take on the subject of the correspondence, that's truly admirable.