PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Length of CV
Thread: Length of CV
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2006, 20:29
low n' slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My general rula has been: As many pages as required, but don't just try to fill them out with the story of your life.
In the top margin I've put my contact details, full name, birth date, phone numbers and e-mail etc. Then there's the certificates section stating all held and valid certificates. I've also included validity of the relevant certificates and ratings. I've also here given reference to my main flight school.
Since I don't have a large number of flying hours on any large transport aircraft, I've kept the flying experience section small and simple. Total, ME, IR and PIC. No type specifications.

After this I've put most recent education followed by most relevant jobs I've held, most recent first. I've finished off with references, although I think it might be better to just put: "will be given upon request".

I think the layout is whats most important. It has to be easy to read, no shadows or intricate shapes in the background. If it's a paper version, make shure that everything they need is on the first page so you can afford for them to loose the second page. Put your contact details on both pages in the top margin.

Once you have a good CV, keep following up on it, unless they state clearly that they don't want you to call them. This method gave me a job, but then again, it might just have been good fortune...

Good luck!
/LnS