PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet
Thread: easyJet
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2006, 20:23
emmalb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
assessment build up

Hi Loo I just wanted to say that your information is very helpful i am going for my assessment day monday and i am terribly nervous can you pleease give me some more information on it and how to answer the questions (eg how many crew on a 737?) thank you emma
Originally Posted by Loopy Loo
Hi Everyone!

Hopefully this will help those of you going for an Assessment!

Right, will try and remember all i can.

There were about 25 of us in total, its best to get there early as although the day didn't start til 9, we were registering at about 25 to (Where they took our passport and NI Number and gave us a name badge) If you get there early, its a good chance to get to know everyone and relax the nerves!

We all went upstairs to a classroom style room with a large U shaped table, and there were about 6 assessors, who took it in turn to talk a bit about easyjet. We were then asked to stand up in turn and say what our first poster on our wall was. Quite a few said Take that surprisingly. More of an ice breaker than anything!

We were then showed a video about life as cabin crew and were able to ask questions at the end.

The assessment was split into 3 stages. Stage One was a group assessment, where we were split into groups of 4 or 5 and given 2 tasks. Our first task was to build a structure out of drinking straws and blu tac that would hold a mobile phone for 20 seconds. More points for width and height. They dont really care whether the structure really works or not they want to see your team skills. There was an assessor sat with each group writing down how we worked. (remember don't be too confident and always give everyone a chance to get their ideas accross, Be positive too and say something like "yeah i think thats a great idea, how about... " if you dont agree with someone. There were some people who were quite loud and didnt get past stage one.

For the second task we were all given a brief that said we were on a sinking cruise liner and had to make a list of things we wanted to take to a nearby island to survive. we had a list of 30 items and could choose from that. We were also given individual slips which we couldn't show the group. Mine said "You are a diabetic and you must have peanuts in order to survive" I had to try and get peanuts on too. But again. they're not looking at how well you do with the task, they're watching how you react and how you work in a group. That was it for stage one.

We had a 15 min break where they marked us, and when we came back some names were called (abput 7 or 8) and they were asked to leave the room.

Stage 2 was an ability test. There were 2 written papers (A maths and English one)There is a basic maths section first, they give you a calculator (Currrency conversions and basic adding up) On that paper also was a lot of questions about easyjet.

So make sure you check out the information pack on the easyjet website!!

Also make sure you know things like.. when was easyJet floated on the stock market, when did they merge with GO, how many seats and crew members on a 319 and on a 737... which bases do they fly to/from... all multiple choice. Then there is customer service general questions. After that there are really easy customer service scenarios (multiple choice) directly linked to easyJet operations (ie refunds, reasons why refund etc...) and they give you a couple of laminated info sheet which give you all the info for the answers. Don't read into all the info too much and completely over-complicate each scenario.

We were then each in turn, given a card with a PA announcement on. We had to stand up and read it to the goup, Just real it slowly, continuously and definately. Then they give you a brief scenario on a card and you have to make up an ad-lib PA just take a min to read it, come up with a few simple lines and say it out clearly, precisely and slowly.

This is where i fell. I froze up, which looking back i could kick myself.

My card said something like "You havent ordered enough sandwiches for everybody, make announcement to inform the passengers" Everyone elses were pretty easy like "Its Mr Smiths Birthday, make an announcement from the easyjet team" or "A bag has been found on the ground, make an announcement" So all i can say is Be perpared, Don't worry, think clearly and relax.

There was another elimination after a 5 minute break when mine and another girls name was read out.

I didn't make it to the interview, but here is what it is like from someone who got through (Hope its ok to put this Oli)

"So the interview... easiest one i've ever had thank goodness! Its only about 40 minutes with about 8 proper questions total, all testing what they mention at the beginning of the day.. like your customer empathy, awareness etc etc... Its all about your experiences, usually in the work place that you are asked to explain... always talk from the customers point of view!!! It shows you are on the level... you are thinking of the customers feelings... Then there is the role play... they give you 5mins to prepare after the brief;... mine was a child (under 14)with his mum who is sitting in the row where the emergency exit is.. how are you gonna move her.. you have 2mins etc... just think about it... its not too taxing... make lots of good suggestions, ie there are plenty of extra seats, if you like you can both have window seats (info in the brief), if she asks for a free coffee... yeah fine, do it... START with appolgy for inconvenience and FINISH with appology (there is definite technique they are looking for in all of this)... remind her that you easyJet values their custom and (EMPATHY) you completely understand her problem (SAY YOU WILL MOVE THE HANDBAGGAGE FOR HER!) etc etc etc...

Then its time to ask a couple of questions... make sure you do... ie When can i start training?? Does the Airline support foreign language study?? What are your company's goals and ambitions for the future...? etc etc etc..."

Good luck! Enjoy it its a really fun day and you get to meet a lot of really nice people. But remember everything you do is being watched. Smile and be lovely and you will be fine.
Oh a lot of people on my day wore suits and quite a few went casual. I'd say wear whatever you feel comfortable in and go for it! You will be great.

Best of luck to everyone who needs it, Just remember..... Be yourself!!!

Lou