PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA cabin crew threaten to poison pilots
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2006, 19:30
keeperboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This letter in the BA news has accomplished everything the management wanted to....a bit of BA news propaganda. It has raised an issue that management obviously wanted raised, BA wide. Its not just the pilots and EF crew that are talking about it. WW crew are talking about it. Engineers, baggage handlers and check in staff are no doubt talking about it. And obviously about the issue at hand.....the amount of flying that EF crew do.

I am cabin crew @ LHR WW (post '97 contract). I have been suprised the amount of conversation that has been going on in 747 and 777 galleys about the letter and conditions on EF. I am ex EF and many on WW are quite shocked when I tell them about the turn around times, CAT payments etc.

Point is, the management would love to have the fleets, and indeed different departments, calling for each others T&C's to be reduced.

But fact is, BA being BA and with it's history, most departments operate to working practices that would seldom be seen at other carriers. It isn't just the CC. It's the baggage handlers, check-in staff, dispatchers....and oh yes who could forget the BUS DRIVERS.

I read the F/O's letter and I think it is everyones right to raise an issue they feel passionate about, or express an opinion they feel strongly about.

BUT...the guy has to work with the people he is complaining about on a day-to-day basis!! WHY THE HELL ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LETTER WHEN YOU COULD HAVE PUT 'NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED'???

Eh ho.

And on the 'POISONING' subject. The original post in this thread starter from the Bassa website has been edited. Following the eye drop statement, the posted continued....'and before anyone jumps down my throat I am only joking'.....

Keeps ;-)