PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow - Gatwick Helicopter Link
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2006, 18:51
soggyboxers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pstjgw,
How are things in the heat and sand? For once, MM'smemory has not served her right - maybe being retired she imbibes the odd drop of red infuriator too many of an evening! It did go to BCalH and I remember Bishop Bill, because he was a Mormon bishop and it was very handy for him being based so close to the Mormon temple in East Grinstead. Or maybe he too was BAH? I find that aluminium saucepans, my mother's milk and generally being a decrepit old fool tend to distort my memories of the past. Heck, I even have fond memories of the Brent shuttle
I agree though, that it's sad that the noise protestors stopped it. Maybe it could be re-started with one of the new generation quieter helicopters because the M25 can be a nightmare. I also heard the story (apocryphal maybe?) about people still calling in and complaining about the noise, long after it stopped. I also never flew the Link even though I did my 61 course in Holland with KLM helicopters, from whom we leased the machine which started in Aberdeen. Ah yes, the Callie hostesses and their kilts I flew in it as a passenger on a number of occasions and always thought it good value for the time it saved and its reasonable ticket price.