PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TIME FOR A PAX WEIGHT/BUILD LIMIT?
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2006, 18:10
STANDTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TIME FOR A PAX WEIGHT/BUILD LIMIT?

I have just returned from a flight on an A320, where I had opted a 3+1 to be seated with my wife and kids. they took the 3, I took the 1 by the aisle. Next to me were seated a couple in their seventies. she was by the window, he was next to me - so big that I spent the entire flight sat at 20 degrees bank to the aisle.

If the klaxon had gone off, they were screwed. If I had been at the window side of him, I would have asked to be moved, as he would have unreasonably impeded my escape.

I paid the same ticket price, and yet suffered discomfort through the flight. He was such a size that he couldn't get his table down to eat dinner.

Is there not a case for size limiting passengers like they do with that hand luggage guide frame they have a check-in? If you don't fit in this cage, or tip over 200 lbs on the scale, you can't fly in 31 inch pitch seats or less.

Also, why do airlines insist on carrying around all that extra weight of perfume, and crap gifts which nobody seems to buy. Given the option, I would rather benefit from the weight saving in the price of my ticket

Rant over