PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Comair to retire Kulula MD82's
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2006, 13:41
George Tower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ERJ,

I am unapologetic about being a champion of the free market and to this end SAA and SAX should have been dead or privatised a long time ago. I guess my whining is getting to resemble a stuck record......however yes it's all well and nice for SAX to make a prudent acquisition but but had a private company made some of transnet's blunders over the years chances are they wouldn't be around to tell the tale. At 20m USD each Q400's ain't cheap.

Be interesting to see if they use them on the Windhoek routes & what the pax think of em once they're flying the line.

ERJ, one more thing - do you drive the jungle jet or have you? If so how much do you burn approx between FAJS & FAGG?

DJ,

Interesting point about NW. I never would have thought that given that apart from the 2xB737-500s he has an old fleet of JT8D powered aircraft. Just wondering if the 767 rotations to LGW are thrown into the equation and thus skew the figures. I guess the low costs per ASK may well be achieved through slave labour as well

I think VB is from the Michael O'Leary school of industrial relations.....shaft everyone

Rgds

GT