PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas to cut wages up to 50% for aircrew?
Old 19th Apr 2006, 10:03
Thumbs up

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I can see Metro Man has successfully got up the nose of QF Insider and BA50.
Obviously a situation no Qantas Pilot wants to see themselves in,
Not good for you ,and
not good for the industry.
But,Like Metro man I bet you both had some time in your careers flying something like a
clapped out piece of junk Metro .
Future Qantas Pilots will come from origins such as these.
Here's something else that you might give you vertigo.
QANTAS PLANES ARE NO HARDER TO FLY THAN ANYONE ELSES PLANES
INCLUDING METRO MANS!!!.

Now this 50% deal may be a wind up,in part,but unless you Turkey's get your act together its going to be a reality.
You've worked in your sheltered workshop for to long and reality is catching up.Trouble is you can't see it.
QF aren't stupid...Until the J* disaster can replicate revenue making QF routes they won't try it..Revenue would suffer...
You're dead right Insider,QF aren't stupid,so what makes you think that J* will be flying Qantas routes.
My money is that J* crew will be flying Rat tails in which case there will not be any,
50% pay cut
80% higher sick leave...
30% extra fuel
50% standown after diversion...No extension
50% increase in week 7 sick leave...go to love pattern protection....
50% of flights way below optimum, or chasing decreased TAS
My position is not to bring you guys down;
My hope is that you'll all be able to maintain your T&C's and the rest of the industry will follow you.
To do that you guys need to make a huge effort and fight to maintain your conditions cause all I see on Qrewroom is a lot of musical chairs Patty cake Patty cake stuff !!!.
Look at the changes in the last few years and where do you see yourselves in 5 years time?....Want me to answer that?.
Slowly,slowly it will happen.
Thumbs