PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Sponor FIFA, But not it's pilots
Old 19th Apr 2006, 07:54
Gillegan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by typhoonpilot
It's called advertising. Advertising creates brand awareness. Brand awareness increases customers. An increase of customers increases revenue. Revenue increases are what lead to profitability. Profitability is what will lead to bonuses and pay rises.
Emirates' excels at advertising and brand awareness which is one of the things that makes it a profitable airline. I, for one, applaud them for the ambitious advertising ventures that they undertake.
I would agree, however, that more of that profit could be shared by the employees.
Typhoonpilot
While I agree that advertising is an important part of doing business, given the company's lack of sensitivity to the working conditions of their line employees these last few years and that at least in our flight operation, I can't remember the last time anything was changed for a reason other than to cut costs, their timing could be better. They are certainly generous with the cash when it is to get their name in the paper but when it comes to maintaining the quality and integrity of their operation, it seems to be a different story. They appear to have a skewed (in my opinion) sense of priorities.

As far as speculation of the bonus and pay review, I agree that it is a little bit premature to start the whinging. We'll see what happens. I'm hearing mixed signals as to the immediacy the company places on the current recruitment/retention/manning situation. Based on my experience here (and I'm sure that is what puff m'call is doing also) I'm ready to be disappointed. I'm actually kind of curious to see what they do and if it is less than adequate, how they spin it this time. Veterans of more than 3 years will remember TCK and his famous 12% payrise letter (it was 3%+2%).

EKwife, you might ask around to see just what kind of "stuff" we've been "fed" in the past before jumping on those who are just a little "fed" up.

Last edited by Gillegan; 19th Apr 2006 at 08:07.