PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi Aramco - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 19th Apr 2006, 06:19
Riggwelter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atuk,
Let me clarify my statement "If you're Asian or "other arab" you can probably do better elsewhere in the region".

First off, this statement applies only if you are a full time employee. Contractors all recieve the same pay, irregardless of nationality, which when coupled with tax free status and free housing and transportation(to work and back) is very good short term (i.e. a 1st Year Aramco contractor pilot will make more than a 1st year Emirates pilot, and I would say this is true until the Emirates pilot makes Captain and his benefits really start to accrue). So if you want to come here for a few years and have an adventure and save some cash I would say we are very competitive.
Having said that you would have to take a good hard look at the Asian package, if you were hoping for full time employment. We have no Malaysians working as pilots for us, but we do have a Pakistani guy, and he is very happy. His situation may be different than yours, though. He's a retired Air Force pilot(and all that implies) and has a family, and family life here plays a big part in why most of us stay. I have to admit that I am not really familiar with the nuances of other payrolls. I do know that the way Aramco comes up with the salary packages is they look at what you'd be making in your home country for the same job and then devise a scheme that would entice you enough to come out here. I'd be suprised if it wasn't significantly better than anything back home, all things considered.
All I can say is apply and see what they offer. Best of luck.

One last thing, As we fly U.S. registered aircraft everyone flying for us needs a US ATP. I think you do not need one for the interview but will need one to come over if we offer you a job.