PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna Caravan time-building
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2006, 01:48
maudlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flz, Belize is the big parachute centre of the world isn't it? Sounds great except...CO-pilot van time??

Neville, the CNS operators would be ideal, but I might need some actual F/W command time before I try the RPT operators! Right now, I've only got R/W command. My thought was to do the 40 odd hours it takes to convert to CPL(A), sit the exam then find the fastest route to flying vans.

It's not the turbine time I'm after (I've already got twin turbine time on R/W) and I'm not shooting for airlines per se, just wanted some van time for another very interesting job that I'd heard about...overseas...although now that you mention airlines it might be quite conducive to my dreams of retiring to the Whitsundays, sitting under a palm tree and drinking Pina Coladas...

Contract Con, do you really believe that aviation careers are what you make of them? Some of the best and most ambitious pilots I know who have ticked all the prerequisite boxes have been applying to Qantas and Virgin for years without so much as a sniff from Human Resources. I tend to think their failure to make good is not for lack of iniative but lack of opportunity. What would you make of that?