PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS
Thread: LEEDS
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2006, 22:15
Polehill.flt70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re sec take out

Originally Posted by ServisairLBA
hahaha yeah, some are decent. although some seem as if their face dropped hell would break loose! sometimes the atmosphere is so tense its untrue
Well, try staffing problems, rosta chaos and pay changes (not being paid for 6 weeks could break anyone). Never known a company where 99% of staff are looking for another job. Speaking to them i am surprised that some of them are even human with the stuff they have to put up with at the moment. They seem to get the c*** from all sides. They do their job and then get blasted for queues (when its not their fault), when they dont do their job its a disciplinary. They are in a no win situation and come 1st May i can see either the system failing totally or the staff dropping like flies with exhaustion and illness. I hope its some of the latter cos i would dread it to be the former.

From talking to them it seems they are trying to make the best out of a bad job and in some cases its the staff from the other depts (LBA, servisair, aviance etc) that give them most of the s*** they have to put up with. In my view the staff should stick together no matter what area of expertise. Security are doing a job just like the others and dont need the flack from other staff, we all get enough of that from the passengers .

Its a necessity no matter how much of a pain it is and we all have to go through it. Argue about it and quite frankly it makes the procedure a lot more hassle, dont and we all get through quickly and easily. A smile can make someones day and we as staff should try to do it a lot more to other staff, because we are all working under the same c*** condtions.

I always try to smile and sometimes i laugh!!! If i am not then the s*** is hitting the fan! And i assume that servisair staff are much the same. Although all the new staff seem friendly (give or take a couple). What you must remember is that its not personal, when a bag is searched its because it has to be, not because the security plod dislikes you, and if you are searched more than once in a day, then its the luck of the draw. Just keep a look out for the ones you 'like' or get on with and just be polite to those who you think are 'hard faced', because i can tell you even the plods within security will distance themselves from collegues like that!!!

:- P